|Critical Illness (CI)
(Cancer Treatment /Organ Transplant/Artery Surgery)
- Number of insured – 1
- Any Bangladeshi National
- Aged between 18 - 45 years
- An individual is allowed to buy one policy only and policy benefits shall be offered only once
during the lifetime of a single individual
- Coverage Details
- Life Coverage of Primary Member (Death at any cause except mentioned in
exclusion) – BDT
- Critical Illness - BDT 100,000
* Coverage of risk for 03 (three) major critical diseases sustained during the period of
- Cancer : A disease manifested by the presence of a malignant tumor
characterized by uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells and the invasion of
tissue. Diagnosis must be evidenced by definite histology. The term ‘cancer’ also includes
leukemia and malignant diseases of the lymphatic system such as Hodgkin’s disease. Excluded
are malignant tumors in presence of HIV, any non-invasive cancer in situ and all skin
cancers except invasive malignant melanoma.
- Coronary Artery Surgery : The actual undergoing of open chest surgery for
the correction of two or more coronary arteries which are narrowed or blocked, by coronary
artery bypass graft (CABG). The surgery must have been proven to be necessary by means of
coronary angiography. Angioplasty and/or any other intra-arterial procedures including
key-hole surgery are excluded from insurance coverage.
- Major Organ Transplant The actual undergoing of transplantation as the
recipient of following human organs:
- Heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas that resulted from irreversible end stage failure
of the relevant organ.
- Human bone marrow using hematopoietic stem cells preceded by total bone marrow ablation.
- The transplantation of any other organs, parts of organs, tissues or cells are excluded
from insurance coverage.
No benefit shall be paid under this Contract for expenses or losses resulting from or
incurred in connection with or in consequence of the following:
- Waiting period of 15 (fifteen) days from date of registration, for which period no death
claim shall be entertained
- Waiting period of 90 (ninety) days from date of registration, for which period no critical
illness claim shall be entertained
- Insurance coverage shall cease upon settlement of any claim under the policy
- Any pre-existing condition
- Any congenital disease
- AIDS & HIV disease
- Specific exclusion mentioned under Critical Illness